Thursday, October 30, 2008

my neighbor waiting to die

My God. How is bad does it have to be? He's the AntiChrist, that's clearly next, there is no where left to go, nothing left to call him. So Sad. Republicans will not recover from this for 50 years My neighbor came over to have me help her move Her husband, who had collasped next to their bed.
It was awful, and I'm sure the subject of nightmares for many years. Eyes bugging out of a skull, legs that would be better described as wrists, I was moving a skeleton. And he spoke to me--"Hi Ty, how you doing?"
Are you fucking kidding? Here's Dave, kidney failure, chemo failure, weighs less than 100 lbs and can't get into, or out of, the bed on his own,
asking me how I'm doing?
"Not well--I'm thinking I need to have my driveway re-surfaced."
Dave is waiting to die. Probably doesn't have the where-with-all to know anything else, other than humiliation. His wife of 50 years having to clean up dripping shit, vomit, etc. Would rather put a gun to his head, but doesn't know where the gun is, if it's loaded, plus has some ethical problems with that.
I am sad. And I know that it will be my turn someday.

No comments: